Babylon dictionary app suits best for people whose native tongue is not English and are interested in finding meaning of some word.
Features of Babylon Dictionary App For Windows 8
- Free online translation to multiple languages. The list of supported languages include Arabic, Bulgarian, ChineseT, ChineseS, Czech, Danish, Farsi, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Pashto, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Siberian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, and Ukrainian.
- This dictionary app supports Full-screen mode, Snapped view, and Search charm.
Searching Meaning And Performing Translations:
Launch the app after which you will be provided with a textbox with attached magnification button and a dropdown for selecting the language in which you desire the result.
- Type the word you want to query in textbox and hit the enter button and In no time the meanings will be provided to you.
- You will notice different heading with explanation beneath such as ‘Babylon English’, ‘Wikipedia English, and ‘WordNet 2,0’.
- In case, you want the explanations to be translated them select the appropriate language form the dropdown. After a bit of processing, you will be presented the translated version.
* The translated words might not be able to convey exact meaning for a few words. Moreover, translation might not be available for every word.
The installation procedure is quite simple. Babylon Dictionary app for Windows 8 is available under Books & Reference section of Windows store. The 283 Kb app will install within minutes. Have a look on the points stated below:
- Open this webpage in Internet Explorer 10 or later.
- Next, you will require clicking on ‘View in Windows Button’ Placed on the Top-left section of the webpage.
- After being redirected to app overview page click on ‘Install’ button.
* Windows 8 Babylon Dictionary App is an online application and requires access to live internet connection.
The overall impression delivered by the Babylon Dictionary App For Windows 8 was quite nice. I have no issues in recommending it.