In addition, this Windows 8 dictionary app lets you view the word of the day, article of the day, quote of the day, today’s birthday, and more. Just click on a tile to read it in detail.
Nice Full-Screen Interface:
What I liked about this Windows 8 dictionary app is its full screen HD interface. The word of the day is given in a separate column in a beautiful dark blue box, while the article of the day and other things are given in the stunning light color. A related picture has been attached with all of them. It’s really fun to read the meaning or any article in a full-screen mode.
How To Search a Word In This Windows 8 Dictionary App:
To search a word, open the app ?press ‘Win+C’ combination ? a vertical panel will open at the extreme right ? Click on ‘Search’ option. There is short-cut too for opening the search bar.. just press ‘Win+Q’ combination and you will quickly find the search bar opened.
Now, enter the word you want to search meaning of. You are done.. soon the app brings you a complete info about the searched word. The meaning in detail, pronunciation, synonym, and translation. Yes…you can change the language to check out the word in a different desired language. To change the language, click on ‘Select Translations’ placed under the ‘Translations’ section. Click on the dropdown arrow and select a language.
Features Of Dictionary App:
- Brings you over 2,000,000 words with definitions, synonyms, pronunciations, and translations to different languages
- Brings you word of day, quote of the day, today’s birthday, article of the day, etc.
- Lets you change the language to view words in a different languages.
- It’s a free Windows 8 app available under the ‘Books & References’ section.
What I Did Not Like..
There is no list of all the words in alphabetical order, like the other dictionaries usually have. You can only search for a particular word but can not look for a complete list in alphabetical order.
How To Install Windows 8 Dictionary App:
- Go onto the Windows 8 Store
- Press ‘Win+Q’ combination to open the search bar.
- Enter Dictionary in the search bar
- The store brings you all the dictionary apps it has in its store, however you need to make sure that it’s a free dictionary by ‘Farlex’ which you need to download.
- Click on ‘Install’ button to download it.
- You are done…
In short, Dictionary app by Farlex is a good utility Windows 8 dictionary app to improve you vocabulary. However, if you stuck with the complete word list in alphabetical order, then you might want to miss this one.